Top plate/liner compatibility

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

D'anton

Nov 2, 2018
Indy
As the title says, I'm wondering about top plate liner compatibility. I have an M-Flex 8" liner I need a top plate for. I need a 18x18 terra-cotta top plate. I called Rockford as they sell the M-Flex and components for it but they didn't have what I need in stock nor did they have a price. So I'm waiting for them to get in touch with National Chimney for said info. Thing is I need to get this done so I'd like to keep looking in case this falls through/takes to long. So, are these things interchangeable or do I need to stay brand specific? Also, any suggestions where I might look for such a top plate would be much appreciated. Thanks

As the title says, I'm wondering about top plate liner compatibility. I have an M-Flex 8" liner I need a top plate for. I need a 18x18 terra-cotta top plate. I called Rockford as they sell the M-Flex and components for it but they didn't have what I need in stock nor did they have a price. So I'm waiting for them to get in touch with National Chimney for said info. Thing is I need to get this done so I'd like to keep looking in case this falls through/takes to long. So, are these things interchangeable or do I need to stay brand specific? Also, any suggestions where I might look for such a top plate would be much appreciated. Thanks
Technically to meet the ul listing all components must be part of the same system. But any lightwall liner top plate will work fine. It just wont technically be to code.

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply. I ordered the appropriate top plate. Rockford and National Chimney agreed I could pick up the plate in person as I live 25 min from NC. Once again thanks.