Tornado warning for NY/NJ

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard something this morning about "Tornado potential" here in CT ................didn't materialize, as far as "I" know, but the weather was prime for it.

I remember a Hurricane that came thru CT back in the mid-80's that did a bunch of damage. Some fella I didn't know was driving down my street after it was over, with a pickup and a couple of chain saws in the back. I hopped in with him and we went down the road, clearing all the trees that had fallen and were laying across major roads, all the way thru town.
Pity I didn't need the wood then.

-Soupy1957

soupy1957 said:
I remember a Hurricane that came thru CT back in the mid-80's that did a bunch of damage.
-Soupy1957

I remember that one also. I think there were a couple in fact, in the aftermath of Hurricane Gloria (was it 86 ?). Crossed I-84 just north of Waterbury.

Wiped out the Bradley Air Museum, (not to mention the damage throughout the state). I believe it was 1985 or 1986, yes. We went out when the "eye" came over top of us, and the second half of the storm seemed to be a "no show" for some reason (at least in mid-state).

-Soupy1957

I just called my wife and told her to hang on! Funny that I find out about this here. I won't be leaving work in NYC until nearly midnight, so, I guess I'll miss the excitement. I have the day off tomorrow. Maybe there will be some scrounging ops. I don't really have any room for green wood at the house right now anyway.

tonight having real high winds nere in rockland. strong gusts plus pretty good sustained winds. put that together with rain a couple of days this week in Rockland county - should have some scrounging to do....

I am not looking forward to driving home tonight at 11 and back into the city Friday at 6:30. Gonna be some deep water on the roads.

Im in the 40-50 mph gusts section on the radar.. looking to get the chainsaw out over the weekend and have some fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.