Total Ban On Pre EPA Wood Stoves Starts September 30, 2015 IN Tacoma and Pierce County

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder, if someone had a barrel stove or a non-EPA stove and installed one of those devices from last years efficiency contest I wonder if they would qualify.
From what I remember someone made a device that increased the efficiency of non-epa stoves and reduced their emissions.

I am curious to hear from people in Takoma and Pierce County. Has there been a proliferation of stove stores popping up? And do you predict that the old stoves will be scrapped, or will middle men take them away to other, non-restricted, areas?

I am curious to hear from people in Takoma and Pierce County. Has there been a proliferation of stove stores popping up? And do you predict that the old stoves will be scrapped, or will middle men take them away to other, non-restricted, areas?

I am either extremely close or sitting in the non-attainment area right now. There has absolutely NOT been a proliferation of new stove stores popping up. In fact, this ban never even made the local news. Business as usual. The pscleanair retards are still calling stage 1 burn bans (no pre-epa stoves) for this area which shouldn't be needed if there really was a year 'round band already in place.

I suspect that nobody knows about this ban and that the old stoves are being operated as usual. There are no non-restricted areas since it has been illegal to buy, sell, or install a non-epa stove for many years. There are some on craigslist but I suspect most removed stoves go to scrap.

Status
Not open for further replies.