total chimney sweeping brain phart

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blacktail

Minister of Fire
Sep 18, 2011
Western WA
I ran my Sooteater up my liner a few days ago to get things ready for the burn season. It's not super cold here, but tonight I lit a fire and threw a bunch of junky, semi punky wood in the stove. I got things going and started to shut the air down. Hmmmm, no secondary flames. What the? Then I looked at the secondary burn tubes, with no flames, and realized that I forgot to put the baffle bricks back after cleaning the liner. When I clean the liner, I lift two of the baffle bricks and move them to the side. I forgot to move them back. DOH!

Don't feel too bad. I took my stove out to replace door bushings, clean and paint it. Figured I may as well put the new fan in the back while I was at it and since I took the bricks out of the bottom, just flip it on it's top. Except I forgot about the 5 in the back wall. Glad the door was off or I'd have to replace the glass too, not just the bricks.

Status
Not open for further replies.