Tractor supply CRAP

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thepelletman said:
heat seeker said:
My TSC stores them outdoors. I look the bags over as I load them into the car, and any that I question the employee removes, no questions asked. Usually it's a ripped bag, but I've seen a bag or two that got wet inside. Inside storage would be better, but the place that does that wants $6/bag for pellets that burn no better.

There's a lumber mill down the road that I'm going to check out next week to see what he carries - if I can get through the mud/snow in his lot.

Have you ever been to My Pellet Store in Enfield? Unlimited supply of super premium pellets.

Never heard of it. I'll have to check it out - thanks!

j-takeman said:
Instant Heat was one of the brands I was looking for theis season. A friend said they were much better than previous seasons. I can't find any loaclly.

tsc in farmington is bouncing back and forth from main woods and the instant heats. the instants were ok, im not obsessed with tracking them down. the flame was a memorable "white" if sub $195 id pull up to tsc with my bros dump truck, and have him waiting in my driveway with his forklifts...

ray

kinsman stoves [email said:
[email protected][/email]]And class what have we learned about outdoor storage?

Eric

That 90% of manufacturers and retailers do it. If they are packaged, handled, and palletized correctly it makes no difference whatsoever between indoor and outdoor storage. The one bad batch of clumpy pellets I have gotten in over 10 years of pellet use was from pellets stored INDOORS. (probably stored outdoors in the originating mill, of course).

I like TSC. You can't blame the retailer for the sins of the manufacturer.

I have had very good luck with the Tractor Supply. Ive purchased a few tons from there and maybe one bag had issues but other than that its been a positive experience.

Wish my TSC sold Hardwood heat, dont know what there selling but usually there instantheat-LESS

Anyone know what Enfield Ct TSC has?

SXIPro said:
You can't blame the retailer for the sins of the manufacturer.

And vise a versa. Most damage I see at the box stores is caused by rough handling. Usually the youngsters on the forklifts.

And then there's us, You know the ones that rip the covers to see what's under them. Folks, Don't rip them. If you press the cover against the bags inside you usually can see whats writen on the bags. Or just wonder in the store. Most likely they will have open pallets on display. Leave the covers unripped, Could be one of us pellet pigs coming to buy them! ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.