Tragic... had to cave in and turn one of my heat pumps back on...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not changing to sunflower but I did turn up my flame height to 4.

I've been running my upstairs heat pump all winter. My house is 2200sqft and the heat just doesn't get up there enough. I'm certain that is running less than it used to!

I'm quite happy with my Electric and Propane bills so far. :)

oldmountvernon said:
good point wonder if there is a rating for inside the box ? temp inside mine highest spot is 575 degrees lowest around 400 different reading pointing at different spots using a hand held

The non-contact IR temperature meters are notoriously unreliable. Readings depend on the color of what you are shooting at, for one thing. Plus you are shooting through glass AND any accumulated soot on it. It may be good to use as a reference to see if the 'indicated' temp goes up or down but I wouldn't rely on it for an absolute actual temp.

I don't know what my temps are inside. I just set the flame height per the manual on HIGH occasionally and then just select a heat setting. My Quads are pretty much idiot proof (that's why I got them............... %-P ;-P )

Like I said above, just make sure your feed rate over time isn't higher than what is recommended.

Well, it's slightly warmer today (30's). No heat pump usage today. It's 72 upstairs now, 75 in the living room.

Status
Not open for further replies.