Trail Clearing this morning.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
The first tree was a dead Hemlock which was across the trail about 80 yards in, then we only had one dead tree that was down way back in so not much work clearing trail after the storm.

Just checked the main trails, still have gunner hill to check.

zap

Attachments

• 100_5980.JPG
    100_5980.JPG
    121.2 KB · Views: 131
  • 100_5981.JPG
    100_5981.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 105
  • 100_5982.JPG
    100_5982.JPG
    108.4 KB · Views: 117
  • 100_5985.JPG
    100_5985.JPG
    116 KB · Views: 136
How much of a storm did you get zap? Hopefully no tornadoes around?

Some high winds, enough that we lost power for over three hours.I was ready to get the generator going when the power came back on.

zap

Doesn't sound too bad then zap. Glad we missed all of that one.

Reactions: zap
nice load of wood there

What you on Vacction?

Reactions: ScotO
The first tree was a dead Hemlock which was across the trail about 80 yards in, then we only had one dead tree that was down way back in so not much work clearing trail after the storm.

Just checked the main trails, still have gunner hill to check.

zap
Is that a lake I see through the trees?

zap always works and that is one big reason why he has such a nice place. Another reason is that he has such a wonderful wife.

Another reason is that he has such a wonderful wife. I'll only agree with your statement about the boss!
zap

Aw come on zap. She is wonderful.

Were all these trails already cut/cleared(skidder roads) on the property and you just keep them up?
Or did you do all the clearing.

I finally made my way to an old skid track on my property - cutting trails myself working towards dead standing hardwoods.
The trees in the skid road are ~35-40yo so I'm working my way through to get a fairly decent trail without taking out any choice future lumber

basod, all the trails had been on the property for years. I keep the main trails clear then clear some secondary trails

zap

Status
Not open for further replies.