Tree Down

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mkt1

Nov 8, 2009
Central, Ok.
The storms that came through Oklahoma last week, with strong winds and tornados dropped a tree down east of our house.A large pecan a tape measure around the trunk about 3 feet up measured a little over 16 feet around,actually 196 inches,it would have been bigger but part of the trunk was gone when we measured it.It's gona take a while to cut this one up,but it should yeald some nice firewood,the first limb up was 67 inches around. I Know no pics didn't happen.

Attachments

• IMG_3244.jpg
    IMG_3244.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 374
  • IMG_3246.jpg
    IMG_3246.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 323
  • IMG_3251.jpg
    IMG_3251.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 341
  • IMG_3253.jpg
    IMG_3253.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 333
Thats a big one!

M said:
The storms that came through Oklahoma last week, with strong winds and tornados dropped a tree down east of our house.A large pecan a tape measure around the trunk about 3 feet up measured a little over 16 feet around,actually 196 inches,it would have been bigger but part of the trunk was gone when we measured it.It's gona take a while to cut this one up,but it should yeald some nice firewood,the first limb up was 67 inches around. I Know no pics didn't happen.

That is a HUGE tree, almost looks like you pulled it down with the rhino or whatever it is you're driving.

Zap

Nice score! That's some high heat-value wood right there.

We had some bad winds here, too. I wish I could scrounge some of the down wood I see around, but I've already got a lot on my plate, trying to get us and three relatives set up for this fall. The scrounge stuff would need a couple of years drying so I have to pass on it for now and go after dead/standing on the property.
BIL had a big Hickory blow down in what were probably 70-90 mph winds about 1/4 mile from our house.

Ya sure got your work cut out for you!

Billy

That for sure is a big one but it looks like it needed to come down too. Good luck cutting all that up.

My neighbor has a large dead hickory he wants me to come get,and another large hickory limb from another tree. I don't know when I am going to find enough time but I am trying as fast as I can. These other trees are about 18 inches around.

Status
Not open for further replies.