Tri-State Wood Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

deprayb

Hey everybody, I'd just like to introduce myself and my company. The names Brian, I'm the partial owner of Tri-State Wood Pellets out of Bloomfield, CT. This is our first year as a distributor and we currently have Inferno Wood Pellets and Warm Front Pellets from New England Wood Pellets. I have been around the pellet business for 8 years now and after seeing the horrendous service and outrageous prices from local distributors, and personally getting ripped off from a local distributor last year I've had enough. Here at Tri-State Wood Pellets we are all about service and getting you what you need when you need it. Our warehouse is always stocked and ready to be delivered and/or picked up. Ok well enough about me and my company ;-) . Just wanted to introduce myself and say hi to the hearth community!!

Welcome Brian,

I am sure you going to get tons of questions from the members. So I will just say glad you stopped in and joined us. Try to enjoy you stay here.

...from Tristates google places page...

"I bought my usual 4 ton of pellets this year from tri-state pellets and I must say I was very pleased with the pellet they are selling and their service. This is a new company so they are only selling inferno wood pellets right now. I have yet to burn them but from what I hear they are one of the best around right now, after a overhaul of there pellet in the past year."

My sides are splitting...LOL this must be fake review. Sorry, Brian...I just have to share.

smwilliamson said:
...from Tristates google places page...

"I bought my usual 4 ton of pellets this year from tri-state pellets and I must say I was very pleased with the pellet they are selling and their service. This is a new company so they are only selling inferno wood pellets right now. I have yet to burn them but from what I hear they are one of the best around right now, after a overhaul of there pellet in the past year."

My sides are splitting...LOL this must be fake review. Sorry, Brian...I just have to share.

It really does sound kind of lame now that I read it lol but thats not a fake that guy actually did buy from us and I sold him on the Inferno's pretty good I guess. But after being on this forum for two days now I think I've got the hint that Inferno's are chit! lol.....time to make some calls..

Tri-State Pellets said:
[
It really does sound kind of lame now that I read it lol but thats not a fake that guy actually did buy from us and I sold him on the Inferno's pretty good I guess. But after being on this forum for two days now I think I've got the hint that Inferno's are $h!+! lol.....time to make some calls..

Checking the link you have in you sig I see Inferno's are $230 a ton. And the bag looks a bit different than last years. Is that the actual bag for this years batches?? Its actually good if they did change the bag. We can tell the difference from last years that way.

For the most part many new mills have had start up issue. The good ones fix tham and are still around. The bad ones just go by the wayside. Inferno's are still here and trying! That's a good thing. I will give them another chance. Lets just hope they found out that it takes quality fiber to make a quality pellet. Crap fiber only equals crap pellets and there isn't anyway around it!

Can you survive with just 2 brands or are you looking to expand your lineup???

j-takeman said:
Tri-State Pellets said:

This is our first year so right now we only have two brands but I'm looking to expand to a few more at this point. I'm just not going to make the same mistake I did with Inferno and go in blindly.

I'd like to get some suggestions from people on here to see what they think I should try out.

Welcome Brian. Good luck with your new venture. Always good news when honest folk start honest businesses.

Schoondog

Tri-State Pellets said:
j-takeman said:

This is our first year so right now we only have two brands but I'm looking to expand to a few more at this point. I'm just not going to make the same mistake I did with Inferno and go in blindly.

I'd like to get some suggestions from people on here to see what they think I should try out.

I am sure the gang here will help you out with whats good.

Here is some of my personal favorites. I have more but don't have my notes handy!

Cubex-Northern-Comfort
Spruce Pointes
Okanagan
Hamer Hot Ones
Turman
Barefoots

Try to stock some brands that have a lock on there fiber source(use strictly in house fiber). These Fiber safe brands tend to be the most consistent year after year. Open market fiber brands tend to have issues when fiber gets scarce. These brands will be the ones that cause you head aches and back hauls from the costumers. I would get more into it but it would be long winded!

Again glad you join us!

Stock as man y as you can.... variety is good especially in price and quality

Tri-State Pellets said:
Hey everybody, I'd just like to introduce myself and my company. The names Brian, I'm the partial owner of Tri-State Wood Pellets out of Bloomfield, CT. This is our first year as a distributor and we currently have Inferno Wood Pellets and Warm Front Pellets from New England Wood Pellets. I have been around the pellet business for 8 years now and after seeing the horrendous service and outrageous prices from local distributors, and personally getting ripped off from a local distributor last year I've had enough. Here at Tri-State Wood Pellets we are all about service and getting you what you need when you need it. Our warehouse is always stocked and ready to be delivered and/or picked up. Ok well enough about me and my company ;-) . Just wanted to introduce myself and say hi to the hearth community!!

Welcome to the forum.

j-takeman said:
Here is some of my personal favorites. I have more but don't have my notes handy!

Cubex-Northern-Comfort
Spruce Pointes
Okanagan
Hamer Hot Ones
Turman
Barefoots

Try to stock some brands that have a lock on there fiber source(use strictly in house fiber)........
I agree w/ Jay about his pick of pellets....those are all VERY good brands, and seem to be consistent year after year. It would be good for your business if you had at least 2 of these brands in stock.

IF the Infernos turn out to be much better than last year (the company would have to work HARD to make them worse), then they would be a good lower priced pellet for the customers that just don't have $$, or want to spend more.

Oh yeah....welcome to the forum!! :)

Welcome and enjoy. These members have boat loads of information for your business if you take the time to read. It is also a good reference to your customers for when they run into problems or have questions you can't answer.

j-takeman said:

Hey I only have 2 brands we are making it for now. It is hard to stock many brands unless you have a large backing. Too many people to pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.