Trial and Error-

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beetle-Kill

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Sep 8, 2009
Colorado- near the Divide
I already know the answer to this qestion- "As long as it takes!" Question, - If you're closing off your primary air flow, and you have a stove with secondary air, and after the flue temp. drops from 750 to 600, and then you close your damper from full to 1/2 closed, and your temp. increases back up to almost 700 and stays there for awhile, but you're still getting a little white smoke out of the pipe, should you buy a lottery ticket and expect to win, and if not immediatly, how long should you continue buying lottery tickets?

Beetle-Kill said:
I already know the answer to this qestion- "As long as it takes!" Question, - If you're closing off your primary air flow, and you have a stove with secondary air, and after the flue temp. drops from 750 to 600, and then you close your damper from full to 1/2 closed, and your temp. increases back up to almost 700 and stays there for awhile, but you're still getting a little white smoke out of the pipe, should you buy a lottery ticket and expect to win, and if not immediatly, how long should you continue buying lottery tickets?

? Beetle, how much oxygen up there at 8200ft anyway.

north of 60 said:
Beetle-Kill said:

? Beetle, how much oxygen up there at 8200ft anyway.
Not enough for me , apparantly (and I'm not refering to my stove)

Madrone, yeah it's most likely steam, as I chose a poor area to stack this wood. I'm gonna move the whole bunch, and deal with the extra effort. BTW, the flue pipe is coated with black soot on the interior, only. Just a dust coat really, no creosote build-up whatsoever. It's easy access for me, so I check weekly.

Sorry, everyone. I WAS trying to illicit a bit of self-imposed, denegrating humor for all to contribute. I appreciate the abuse. I can't even pronounce "Jotul", when it comes to stoves, but I'm learning.

Beetle-Kill said:

Are you serious? Is your house warm? Quit listening to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.