tried out my new insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

krex1010

Minister of Fire
Jan 3, 2010
southeast pa
had a cool night over the weekend so i fired up my new pacific energy pacific insert for the first time. i just made a small fire to test it out and burn off some "new stove smell" the odor wasn't too bad and the stove seemed to really throw some heat with just some newspaper and kindling. i am really excited for the cooler weather! here is a few pics.

Attachments

• 4.bmp
    576.1 KB · Views: 269
Looking good Krex - but if this baby is new, check out your manual for the break in procedure. Not ALL stoves have one, but if it is recommended for your stove, do it.

I can feel the heat from here. :)

The break in procedure is to basically have a few small fires without getting the temps up to high, so I'm working on that

krex1010 said:
The break in procedure is to basically have a few small fires without getting the temps up to high, so I'm working on that

Good deal. Also keep in mind that the "new stove smell" may be noticed at every new peak temp. Just throwing that out there so that you know what to expect.

Jags said:
krex1010 said:

Good deal. Also keep in mind that the "new stove smell" may be noticed at every new peak temp. Just throwing that out there so that you know what to expect.

Nice so I can expect some more of it when I have her cranking this January! Thanks for the tip!

krex1010 said:
Jags said:
krex1010 said:

Nice so I can expect some more of it when I have her cranking this January! Thanks for the tip!

After your proper break in, throw an extra door and window open and crank that baby up. Get it over with. That way when its 20 below and you need the heat you won't be dealing with the smell.

After your proper break in, throw an extra door and window open and crank that baby up. Get it over with. That way when its 20 below and you need the heat you won't be dealing with the smell.[/quote]

Yes I STRONGLY advise to do this. Man was it strong when I got it hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.