Trouble igniting Harman Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds like it might.

In the Accentra insert you can see the ignition wires, they are easy to avoid, should be the same for the free standing stove.

Make sure you turn the power to the stove off first. I shut off the Main Switch off in my electrical panel to the whole house to be sure.

Remove the plate under the burn pot, by loosening the wing nuts an sliding the metal plate up and off.
My guess is a bunch of ash falls out.

Make sure the stove is cool of course & remove the remaining ash with your fingers, check the sides of burn pot for ash with your fingers.

Tap, tap, tap the top of the burn pot with the scraper, remove the ash that falls to the bottom and sides of the pot with your fingers...
Repeat until no more ash falls.

Replace the plate.

Start it up and see what happens.

Cleaning instructions for your stove can be downloaded at http://www.harmanstoves.com/maintenance/accentracleaninginstructions.pdf

See page 2
STEP #3: CLEAN ASH FROM INSIDE THE BURN POT
Remove the clean out plate under the burn pot by loosening
the two wing nuts holding the plate in place (Fig. 5). You
many need to use pliers to loosen the wing nuts initially and
then vacuum ash from the inside of the pot. Use your finger
to brush out any ash that can’t be reached with the nozzle of
the vacuum. After cleaning, be sure the plate is fully closed
before hand tightening the wing nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.