Trouble locating Snap Disc#3 on QF ClassicBay 1200insert and resetting it:

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

p&k

Oct 5, 2012
NE Ohio
For Quadra Fire Classic Bay 1200 insert, the manual says: "Snap disc #3 is mounted on the right side of the auger tube just below the feed motor and has a reset button. To access it remove the right side panel." Does anyone know what exactly is meant by "right side panel?" Is it inside the hopper? If the snap disc is indeed below the feed motor, then the right side panel being referred to must be below the feed motor? Thanks for any advice.

I have found Snap Disc#3. The plastic "button" of sorts between the two male terminals pushes in a tiny bit but does not allow me to push it in further to make it flat to the surface. I'm not sure how to tell if it has been "tripped" or not and therefore how to reset it. Any advice?

If it has been tripped you will know.
When pushed on make chick noise
You can also put a jumper between the
two wires and see if your stove works
If it works OK then the disc needs replacement

If it has been tripped you will know.
When pushed on make chick noise
You can also put a jumper between the
two wires and see if your stove works
If it works OK then the disc needs replacement
Thanks very much for advice. When I push on the little button between the two terminals, it goes in about 1/32nd of an inch or less and makes no noise and bounces right back. Does this mean it is not tripped?

I went ahead and hot-wired the terminals together with a paper clip and plugged stove back in and turned it on and got no response, no blue light, no fans on. So, I am concluding that the control panel must be shot and will order a new one.

Give us a description of what your problem is
So that the collective on the forum can help diagnose your problem
please don't just throw parts at the stove can get expensive
Yes, it sounds like your #3 disc is OK

Would that mean it thinks the feed chute is getting hot and it thinks there's fire in the hopper? If so , and there's no fire in the hopper it might mean that snap disc is weak.

I went ahead and hot-wired the terminals together with a paper clip and plugged stove back in and turned it on and got no response, no blue light, no fans on. So, I am concluding that the control panel must be shot and will order a new one.
To me that says the disc is OK
Please explain what the problem with your stove is
Like won't start --- or--- pellets don't feed after startup
or I hit the start button and nothing happens no lights or anything
You want a diagnosis then we need more than you are suppling

Reactions: Washed-Up
I have the same pellet stove.... Today the red call light doesn't come on so I had to unplug/replug power cord, the exhaust fan starts up and runs for around 15min then shuts off... I've checked hopper for jams, reconnected all the connections, compress air the exhaust tube... When I replug the power cable the blue light blinks every 15sec but no other lights turn on or blink... Help. don't know what part to replace first...

For first gentleman, if unit will not power on, unplug cord and plug back in. Exhaust blower should come on and run for 15 mins if you don't turn up thermostat and call for heat, the unit shuts off after 15 mins run time. If power to unit is good, SD3 is good, then prob is control board. Make sure control board is plugged in fully and power cord is connected to insert.
The second gentleman, unplugging and plugging in should turn exh blower on for 15 mins, then shut off.
If no call light on, check t-stat wires for continuity and of course turn tstat up above room temp.
You can put a jumper on t-stat terminals on stove to check thermostat and its wiring. If call light comes on when jumping the two wires, then its t-stat or wiring. Good luck to you both.

Reactions: johneh and Mt Bob