trouble with Accentra

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rctravis

Jan 13, 2010
Southern NH
Bought Accentra insert in Sept 2007, 2 heating seasons with no problems .. this is the problem. It had a lazy flame every 15 minutes and would shut down for a minute and restart. , I totally cleaned it ... about 5 times. Chimney is clean .. today replaced the esp ... when I reconnected the power the fans started and the chamber began to fill with pellets, it was in the off position. Local dealer said it had to cycle through for 15 minutes but after an hour it would not shut off so it continued to fill with pellets to overflowing. No ignition so no flame but it was in the OFF position. I called the dealer and they said they could come out in a week .... I've been struggling with it for about a month and finally they gave me the new sensor today. OK any suggestions .. the current problem never occured before ... just turning on and off before. Now it won't shut off even when its in the off mode. Any ideas ... thanks ..

not sure if this will solve the problem but, let it run out of pellets and completely shut down, then unplug the stove for a few seconds and plug back in, i beleive this resets the control board......fill the hopper with some fuel (enough to see if this worked) and set your dials.......good luck

I'll try anything at this point. I've emptied the hopper and turned the power back on. What is surprising is the blower fans continue when the dial is in the off position and the feed continues but very very slow. We'll see .. Thanks

rctravis said:
I'll try anything at this point. I've emptied the hopper and turned the power back on. What is surprising is the blower fans continue when the dial is in the off position and the feed continues but very very slow. We'll see .. Thanks
my harman does the same, thats normal and will take close to an hour for the complete shutdown, don't unplug till the blowers go off.

Status
Not open for further replies.