Trouble with heat setting 8 on pdv

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Pellet rick

Minister of Fire
Nov 25, 2015
Pottstown PA.
does anyone else have an issue with the stove top auger stop feeding when you increase the heat setting to 8 or above? I’m wondering if I’m tripping my overheat sender since I did all the modes and the stove is kicking ass. Now for what I have done. Bottom holes plugged, burn plate holes enlarged , mode to C , exblaze pellets. Runs great on setting 7 but in this fridgit cold I wanted to turn it up

If you tripped the high limit the stove would shut down completely. How old are you augers? I cant run mine above 5 its just to warm in my office. But it will go there. Ive done all the mod’s also.

If you tripped the high limit the stove would shut down completely. How old are you augers? I cant run mine above 5 its just to warm in my office. But it will go there. Ive done all the mod’s also.
4 years but it runs fine up to 7 just can’t push it to 8. When it does it and I back it Dow to 7 the auger will start working again after a few seconds. Strange

4 years but it runs fine up to 7 just can’t push it to 8. When it does it and I back it Dow to 7 the auger will start working again after a few seconds. Strange

Yes another of englands quandaries

Yes another of englands quandaries
Ssyko update on my issue. After more investigation my upper auger is working correctly. My problem seems to be my new load of ezblaze pellets that I started using. It seems that there burning up faster than the auger can feed them. Does anyone know of a way to increase the feed rate above heat 2? I already opened the hopper plate all the way.