troubleshooting a Dovre 500cc

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RDCrazy

Hearth Supporter
Dec 5, 2008
Northern Illinois
When I get the fire going good I close the bypass and the stove exhaust through the combustor. When I do this it chokes the fire down and there are no flames. My question is.... is this normal or is the combustor junk... I bought the stove second handed. I have around 5 feet of single wall pipe connected to 6 feet of double wall insulated class a pipe. When the stove is in baypass mode it runs good but when I close the paypass it seems to choke down the flames and heat output. Any idea...

are the front vents opened or closed? what about the side door vent? it will slow down the burn rate when cat is engaged or the unit will risk overfiring. experiment with air intake adjustments. keep eye on stovetop temps.

Your vent system may be a tad short, but that's probably not your problem.
See if you can access the cat, take it out & soak it in some white vinegar
to clean the crud out of it...
If the soaking helps, you're good to go, if not, I'd say it needs to be replaced...

Status
Not open for further replies.