Troy-bilt 7550/13500 and transfer switch question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mralias

Minister of Fire
Apr 29, 2008
MA
I have a troy-bilt 7550 running watts and 13500 starting. I wanted to put the following transfer switch with this unit but was concerned if it would work due to the information noted below. Specifically, it says "Compatible with 120/240 Volt, 30 amp generator output, typically 7,500 watt generator". Will the transfer switch safely work with this generator or should I seek a higher rated transfer switch. Thanks.

Compatible with 120/240 Volt, 30 amp generator output, typically 7,500 watt generators. Kit includes the transfer switch, a 30 amp, 20 foot power cord set, an optional 20 amp male cord cap end and a Flush Mount Kit. Instructional Installation videotape included!

For Use with 120/240 Volt, 30 Amp Generator Output, Typically 7,500 Watt Generators
10 Circuits
Kit Includes Power Cord Set and Flush Cover Trim
Pre-Wired for Easy Installation
MFG Brand Name : Connecticut Electric
MFG Model # : EGS107501KIT
MFG Part # : EGS107501KIT

Sounds like its perfect!

Ditto; good match. Starting watts isn't sustained long enough to worry about.

Chris

Thanks guys....I will give it a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.