True half cord-Full size truck

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sounds like a true measurement for a change. nice. now, does anyone want to comment on this seller declaring it seasoned. My seasoned oak doesn't look like that. I'm calling him on that one. it doesn't look entirely fresh either, but it's probably only seasoned for < a year. not near long enough for red oak.

I've gotten over the whole seasoned thing. I hear it exists in some places but damn sure not around here LOL!
What pisses me off is the amounts. It grinds my gears when people say a weght or measurement and it falls short. It's like buying weed in high school all over again! Not that I've ever done it :p

hareball said:
... It's like buying weed in high school all over again! Not that I've ever done it :p

here, recently....

You can't prove it, it ain't mine.... ;-) %-P

I'll bet that wood's got some age to it. Look at the clearance over the wheels. At about 80% moisture content, green oak would weigh the bed down a lot more. Oak sheds a lot of its free water pretty fast, but the bound water takes a long time to go, so I'd hardly agree that it's "seasoned". I'd give it another year in the wind and sun.

And definitely close enough to a half cord for me to want it at that price.

Boy that has to be backbreaking drudge labor to stack that wood in the truck...can't see how he makes any money doing it at that price.

Some of the splits look grey on the outside, and I don't see much bark, but the fresh split faces of the splits look, well, freshly split. I bet the wood was sitting around in log form, but just recently split, and probably isn't as dry as you'd like. At least he seems to know what a cord is. I definitely would not sell my firewood for that price becaue I'd be violating federal minimum wage laws and I'd have to turn myself in.

Status
Not open for further replies.