True or False - Pellets Ruin your Burn Pot

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I replaced the burnpot. The burnpot still filling up with pellets. Finally discovered tonight that the damper isn't working. I don't know how to attach it but have shut down the stove for now. Also the handle on the door isn't working smoothly. When trying to open the door by turning the handle, I pick up the front of the stove. Not sure why it is working so hard. I replaced the digital board in the Breckwell P23 this year and thought it was going to be a smooth year but is not. Any suggestions.
I shall be nice(kind of).You never responded about your other repairs/upkeep.Now you opened up a almost year old thread for your currant problems.Get your head out of your a$$.You never responded if your other repair worked(or did not),and you expect us to read your mind?Start now,post a new thread,describe your install and all previous problems,but do it on a new thread.

Probably why I bought a laser printer and refill my own cartridges. I can do math too. 1/5 the cost. A good welder didnt take long to pay off either.
OFF Topic here for a second, sorry folks but gotta know.. Bio, what welder did you buy ? I need two things since i retired and don't have access to my old shop anymore after 44 years ! A portable welder and a portable air compressor..

It seems almost as though Breckwell designed that liner as a wear item . Saves the pot itself from deteriorating. Glad it's their design and not a Harman design though. I see no wear in my P61 pot at all and I've run every kind of pellet I think by now from top shelf to junk and run it in extended hot and low burn. It should be well tortured ..

Status
Not open for further replies.