TRV's What's out there?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

salecker

Minister of Fire
Aug 22, 2010
Northern Canada
So i'm looking for some TRV's for the rads i want to install in my house.
Locally there is not much to look at.
I did find some on Ebay that my wife liked,the ones i sourced locally were pretty ugly/functunal.
The ones i'm wondering about come from England.
They are made by Bentley and are TRV's,the decribtion has the threads as 1/2 BSP for installation into the rads,and 15 mm other end for the "pipework"
I know nothing about British pipework or threads,so.........
i figgered there would be someone on here that would know if any of that is compatible with our NPT and copper pipe..
And maybe someone can give me some other options,at first looks weren't a big thing,but as the house begins to come together a better looking valve would be nice.The rads will be flat black and are in a log house,wood floors.Original idea was to run copper pipe up trough the floor,with pex under.
Thanks for any ideas or info
Thomas

Make sure to get the right size and threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.