Trying Enviblocks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scols

Burning Hunk
Sep 18, 2012
Springs New York
I ran out of seasoned wood on Tuesday so I needed to find something to burn for a few more weeks and I didnt want to waste any of the stuff I have seasoning for the next 2 winters. I considered scroungeing pallets but I didnt want to deal with the hassle of busting them up. So yesterday I bit the bullet and bought a half ton of Enviblocks for $160. Thats supposed to be equal to a half cord of wood. I started off by burning a 3 pack that I stacked 2 side by side with a 4 inch space between them and 1 block on top bridgeing the 2 on the bottom. They ignited easily with some super cedar dust roled like a cigarette in a piece of newspaper that I put in the gap between the 2 bottom blocks. I got a little over 6 hours of burn time from them which is about the best I get from my smoke dragon. They definitely dont throw the same amount of heat as hardwood but overall they are not too bad. We burned 8 blocks since 4pm yesterday so I guess it will take 3 packs of 3 to heat my 1400 sq foot home for 24 hours. At that rate a half ton will last for 17 days of non stop burning. Pretty pricey if you used them all winter.

Reactions: pen
Status
Not open for further replies.