Trying to identify my stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

CodyR

Aug 2, 2021
Oklahoma
I bought this stove early this year to install in my manufactured home. I'm trying to decide what size my hearth pad needs to be but I can't seem to figure out what wood stove this is. From what I've found it appears to be a lopi 380 but there are a couple differences that don't match up. If anyone has any information in this stove, please let me know.

Thanks in advance for looking!

PXL_20210802_220745213.jpg

I bought this stove early this year to install in my manufactured home. I'm trying to decide what size my hearth pad needs to be but I can't seem to figure out what wood stove this is. From what I've found it appears to be a lopi 380 but there are a couple differences that don't match up. If anyone has any information in this stove, please let me know.

View attachment 280608
If it doesn't have the ul tag on it the make and model doesn't matter. That makes it an unlisted stove which requires the standard unlisted stove specs listed in NFPA 211. It also means it isn't legal to install in a mobile home.

Reactions: D. Hermit
If it doesn't have the ul tag on it the make and model doesn't matter. That makes it an unlisted stove which requires the standard unlisted stove specs listed in NFPA 211. It also means it isn't legal to install in a mobile home.
Thanks for the reply. That sucks. Would it be illegal to install in a manufactured home?

So this stove is illegal to install anywhere? Well it's a good thing I did t pay much for it!
No, just in a manufactured or mobile home. There are special requirements for them which include UL tested and meeting HUD Standard UM-84. Besides meeting these specs and clearance requirements, an outside air connection and bolting down the stove are needed. You'd be better off with an affordable new stove.

I don't see how bolting it down is necessary, it's not an like we're taking our 2200 sqft house with us on vacation. Lol. Do you have a inexpensive stove that you would recommend?

I don't see how bolting it down is necessary, it's not an like we're taking our 2200 sqft house with us on vacation. Lol. Do you have a inexpensive stove that you would recommend?
That is what is required. Now if it is a modular home that is different. That is not the same classification as a "manufactured home"

CodyR from what I remember the wood stove is fastened down in case of an earthquake as most manufactures homes sit on piers instead of a solid foundation. And in a manufacture home the wood stove is required to bring in fresh air from outside for the fire. And lastly some insurance companies will drop the home owners policy if they find out they have an unapproved wood stove in their home.

As far as picking out a stove last time I looked the less expensive stoves are found at places like Home Depot or Tractor Supply or B&D supply or similar stores pending on where you live. A new wood stove runs about $1000.00 for a home your size and will meet the newest EPA standards. But I think you could install a used wood stove if it meets the requirement mentioned by begreen. Most wood stoves do have a plate on the back which give you the specs for manufactured homes.

But I still would like for us to identify the stove as I have never seen one like it. It has the hinge pins just like a LOPI and the doors have the same shape as the older models but no name on the door. I used to have an AFS stove that had holes on the top like this with a fan on the back but it looked nothing like this. Does this stove have secondary burners inside just curious?

CodyR from what I remember the wood stove is fastened down in case of an earthquake as most manufactures homes sit on piers instead of a solid foundation. And in a manufacture home the wood stove is required to bring in fresh air from outside for the fire. And lastly some insurance companies will drop the home owners policy if they find out they have an unapproved wood stove in their home.

As far as picking out a stove last time I looked the less expensive stoves are found at places like Home Depot or Tractor Supply or B&D supply or similar stores pending on where you live. A new wood stove runs about $1000.00 for a home your size and will meet the newest EPA standards. But I think you could install a used wood stove if it meets the requirement mentioned by begreen. Most wood stoves do have a plate on the back which give you the specs for manufactured homes.

But I still would like for us to identify the stove as I have never seen one like it. It has the hinge pins just like a LOPI and the doors have the same shape as the older models but no name on the door. I used to have an AFS stove that had holes on the top like this with a fan on the back but it looked nothing like this. Does this stove have secondary burners inside just curious?

Lots of good info, thank you.

The differences I see are: the doors don't say lopi and they have square corners and the top of the stove I have doesn't have flat piece coming out like the lopi

Here's a crappy picture of the inside looking up

PXL_20210802_231707950.jpg

CodyR thanks for taking the time to send a picture. I am sure I am not the only one who likes to see how these older stoves are built. They did incorporate the bricks as a heat shield instead of a metal plate. I like the looks of this stove to bad it won't work for you in this situation. But you would be better off with a more efficient wood stove as it will save on firewood and give you a cleaner burn and longer fire.

In new stoves Century, Drolet, Englander, True North make budget stoves that are of decent quality.

View attachment 280608
PM me. I may be intrested in taking it off your hands if you end up wanting to sell it.