Trying to learn Lopi X model.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Major FUBAR

Dec 10, 2016
Texas
I've been an avid fireplace user for years, and just bought a new home that had an electric fireplace inset set inside of the old fireplace.
I received an old( not sure how old ) Lopi X model stove inset. It fits great and seems to heat the house well.
My questions are ....

How do ya keep the smoke from rolling out when you try to add more wood?
Do you need to use a grate like in a fireplace?
When glass gets smoked out black , what's a good way /product to clean the soot off ?
The dampeners at the bottom , something I never dealt with in a fireplace. What's the proper way to use them ?
Thanks for your time to help me become a better burner.

Sounds like a draft issue. How is the stove vented? Is there a liner run up the chimney or has the insert been slammed, with no direct connection?

Do you have the manual for this stove? Travis is pretty good about keeping legacy stove manuals on their website.

It has a preexisting chimney, stone outside , metal tube pipe inside. Without taking it apart looks double walled. I was told it could sit under that flue pipe and connect the stove's flue. But nothing sealed.
I didn't get a manual. Google is how I found here. So I'll look up the manual.
Thanks for the response.

Status
Not open for further replies.