1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Trying To Spread The Word...

Post in 'The Boiler Room - Wood Boilers and Furnaces' started by maple1, Jan 28, 2013.

1. maple1

maple1 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Nova Scotia
    I'd never called in to a radio station before. Until today.

http://www.cbc.ca/player/Radio/Local Shows/Maritimes/Maritime Noon/ID/2329738023/

Noon hour segment on wood burning & chimney cleaning. Also had no intention of posting it - but this place got brought up in the conversation so decided what the heck. Not by me, but by the guest expert who is also apparently a Hearth fan.

You can listen to the whole hour if you want. But you can also just ffwd to around 20:00 to hear the first boiler fellow who called in & prompted my call, then to around 33:40 to find me (I wouldn't have recognized myself - 'who's that guy?').

Kind of funny because I immediately got a pm from willyswagon who said he was on hold to tell them about the same things I did - until he heard me.
    willyswagon likes this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. BoilerBob

BoilerBob Member

Loc:
    SW Nova
    Good on you Maple,

It was nice to hear good things about hearth.com on local radio.
  3. willyswagon

willyswagon Burning Hunk

Loc:
    PEI, Canada
    Now your a Super Star!!!
  4. maple1

maple1 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Nova Scotia
    Super Star - ha, OK, you can convince the rest of my family on that one. :)

Actually kind of weird how I kind of lost my voice as soon as she said I was on - funny how that works.
  5. BoilerMan

BoilerMan Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern Maine
    Haha, you Canadians with your funny accents! Interesting broadcast though, and good Hearth plug from the sweep.
    TS