TSC pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a thermometer on the output of the heat exchanger, and at the same feed rates, the temps are about as good as they get on my stove. Granted the demand isn't as great as in winter, but the thermostat controls the room temp, so the stove idles more than usual; but at high rate, the temps are right up there.

This time of year, won't just about anything put out good heat?

Dan
Ya I can take the damp feeling out of the house by turning on a burner on the gas range in the kitchen most mornings now but it won't get the house up to 70. It will increase the temp a couple of degrees though. It wouldn't make a dent in the cold house in mid winter. Those 0 degree days really tax the heating system in use with a 40MPH north wind blowing especially. The P61 did it !!

Near the end of the season, I was trying different pellets, monitoring heat and ash.
I did the same exact thing for each bag. Cleaned the stove exactly the same way..
This is what I got from LaCretes, LG, and Great American from Tractor Supply.
L to R
Ash
0.95oz 1.05oz 2.9oz
~triple the ash on the GA!

Dan
View attachment 132670

I have installed my pellet stove and Im completly new to this.
Is the ash from one 40 pound bag?

I have installed my pellet stove and Im completly new to this.
Is the ash from one 40 pound bag?

yup..

As for the brands, as others have noted, I too like the LaCretes..
Over the winter I used a lot more than the three I mentioned.
Those were the ones I actually measured the ash.
The others, I just monitored the heat of the stove.

As nearly anyone will tell you, your mileage may vary, as each stove
can react differently.
Judging pellets is like judging gymnastics.
You should throw out the high praise, and low hatred opinions,
and average out the middle ones! ;)
You will find, usually, the same brands there... you can't go wrong with those.
Just my own opinion..

Dan

I've found their hardwood pellets to be very good, the blend they can keep. I'd buy a couple of tons of those hardwoods though.

Alternativeheat,
Are you taking about a mwp 100% hardwood Pellet? I didn't know they had one. I thought they only did the blend and then a limited supply of the 100% softwood.

Anyone else seen a MEP 100 hardwood pellet?

Called the Village Lawnmower Shop now, lol

Alternativeheat,
Are you taking about a mwp 100% hardwood Pellet? I didn't know they had one. I thought they only did the blend and then a limited supply of the 100% softwood.

Anyone else seen a MEP 100 hardwood pellet?
It said Premium Hardwood on the bag and I thought they were Maines yes but it was back in Feb- early March ( my memory is only good for so long !). These were not the tractor supply white bag with red bag and lettering saying TSC, they were a green bag or mostly green bag. Pretty sure they were Maine Wood. They were not Natures Own, I returned some of those.

Called the Village Lawnmower Shop now, lol
I thought something changed there. I don't go out that way real often but turn up Quaker Meeting House Road to get on the highway. I used to fly fish at Scorton Creek a lot probably 20 years ago so drove by often back then.

Next year get a hold of some Vermont's and you will be happy.
Very much worth the $275 or so price per ton. Even better if cheaper.

$275/ton was last year's price. They are $300/ton this year.

This thread should be moved to the Pellet FUEL reviews-opinions-questions, TSC are nothing to bragg about, a low end shoulder pellet at best..
If the poster read there, There wouldnt be ANOTHER thread on these not so great pellet's...sheesh!

$275/ton was last year's price. They are $300/ton this year.
I can get Spruce Pointe delivered to my door for $339 per ton. They burn pretty nice in my P61a. LaCrete are a little better but I have to pick them up 40 miles away for $345 per 1.2 ton pallet. vermonts are $299 per ton at the same place 40 miles away, pick up only. I can haul 1 ton at a time in my trailer getting 16 MPG at todays price of $3,65 per gallon. The Spruce Pointes are looking appealing to me at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.