TSP

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

par0thead151

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Jul 26, 2009
south eastern wisconsin
so, i just realized that TSP is banned in all 49 states except michigan.
i am going to order some online as my state(wisconsin) banned its use jan 1 2010.
all in the name of "saving the environment"
my question is, how long would 20# last me?

A few years ago, when I was running a hardware store, I sold "phosphate free" TSP. I didn't quite get it... but apparently the TSP brand recognition was too strong to change it when they took out the P.

-SF

well good thing i didnt buy 50# of TSP then...
whew...
i now know why i ask these questions before i bulk order!
:)

maybe I am wrong but I thought I purchased TSP at Home Depot? Used it to strip grease off kitchen cabinets before re-facing them.

kwikrp said:
maybe I am wrong but I thought I purchased TSP at Home Depot? Used it to strip grease off kitchen cabinets before re-facing them.

you can thank the environmental wackos for another good product banned.
there is TSP brand degrease'er, but it does not have the original chemical composition of TSP

Status
Not open for further replies.