Turman pellet "quality"?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rparker

Feeling the Heat
Jul 17, 2011
Vermont
Have had an issue with the last 3 bags of Turman pellets. There are some longer (2") pellets and these longer pellets are very dark - almost black. Don't seem to be getting the heat I was before and having to do a "quick clean" every day. The ash has more of a salt and pepper look to it. Am going to take some of the offending pellets to the dealer this weekend. Anyone else notice this?
These were just purchased this last weekend. First year burning and didn't have a piggy stash put up so am at the mercy of buy as I burn.

Make sure to take pictures and show the pictures plus the bad samples to your dealer. If they feel that it is a problem with the pellet then we will contact the mill and resolve the problem. Could be problem with your stove, but its unexeceptable for the pellets to be 2 inchs or longer. Give me a call if this problem continues.
James Mayer
Pellets Now LLC
802-745-1329

I have the same exact problem with my pellets. They are not long but a lot of the black pellets. Almost every bag i can spot a good amount of black pellets.

Status
Not open for further replies.