Two Down & One Up!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
I was able to get up top then walk to the area I'll be hauling out some Quaking Aspen first thing once the snow goes and found these.

Picture 2699 is a big pine, 2700 I'm not sure (maybe a small quaking aspen) and 2702 is a topped off ironwood.

Zap

Attachments

• 100_2699.jpg
    100_2699.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 251
  • 100_2700.jpg
    100_2700.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 280
  • 100_2702-1.jpg
    100_2702-1.jpg
    284.3 KB · Views: 250
loon said:
looking good zap ;-)

Loon have you ever burned pine in your wood stove?

Zap

no, cant say that i have.

dont mean to sound picky? but wouldnt bother as there is a nuff good stuff around here ;-)

loon

loon said:

dont mean to sound picky? but wouldnt bother as there is a nuff good stuff around here ;-)

loon

I'm going to buck it up just so that area is passable then split it, just not sure if I'm going to burn it or sell it for camp firewood. We have a State Park down the road.

Zap

Zap good for shoulder burns or as you mentioned, campers wood.

zapny said:
loon said:

loon

I'm going to buck it up just so that area is passable then split it, just not sure if I'm going to burn it or sell it for camp firewood. We have a State Park down the road.

Zap

Zap around here people will not pay for pine but it is sold to campers for campfires.. People place ads on Craigslist and nobody takes it.. I use it for kindling and it's good for that and free.. I tried cooking on pine and it's not good like oak, hickory or other hardwoods.. As usual I enjoy your pictures!

Ray

Zap, can you post a close up of the bark and the split ironwood?
Man, I would love to have the good fortune you have with all that downed wood in your area and the relative flatness of your land!

Zap, I'm not sure what that second tree is but for sure it is not popple.

muncybob said:
Zap, can you post a close up of the bark and the split ironwood?
Man, I would love to have the good fortune you have with all that downed wood in your area and the relative flatness of your land!

muncybob, I'll have it for tonight.

Zap

Status
Not open for further replies.