Two Loads Off The Hill

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
We had all rain here today so I took time to put the chains on the rhino. About 2:30 it stopped so I made two runs up top, this is the bigtooth aspen for the shoulder season, finished stacking the second rack then started the third.

With what is still up in the woods we will have over 2 cord plus what I plan on cutting unless Mother Nature says different.

Picture 4524 is what was up before today,4525 & 4527 are the two loads, 4528 is a nice ironwood tree in that area and the last is todays stacking.

zap

Attachments

• 100_4524.jpg
    100_4524.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 337
  • 100_4525.jpg
    100_4525.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 333
  • 100_4527.jpg
    100_4527.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 330
  • 100_4528.jpg
    100_4528.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 346
  • 100_4529.jpg
    100_4529.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 364
Great looking stacks...as always :)

Nice zap! I think you were a beaver in another life. (the animal :) )I hope that snow comes our way here. Be well.

Sounded like all the roads north of here were slick (Potsdam NY had 1/2 of ice) so I took the day off. Sounds like Friday might be worse.

Stay Safe
Zap

Looking good as always zap. Been doing any milling lately?

zap do u stack ur wood all in one place or do u stack some where u cut it?

steeltowninwv said:
zap do u stack ur wood all in one place or do u stack some where u cut it?

My guess is he's got wood stacked everywhere that he doesn't even remember cutting it, he's like a rat on the rhino driving thru a maze of precisely stacked wood looking for another score! Lol......just kidding zap, all of us envy all that wood!

I just split some ironwood a couple days ago for the 1st time. No problem, hopefully some good btu's. :)

eco, looks like the milling will start in the spring unless we get a nice stretch of weather coming up.

steeltowninwv, so far all the stacking is near the house. Once I get this last area full then it's time to make a spot in the woods.

wishlist, you're going to like that ironwood, not much left in the woods cut & split. I did that starting in the summer a couple years ago until I finished cutting in the winter, when I picked all the wood up in the spring I was amazed at how much wood all those little piles added up to.

winter is here.

zap

Status
Not open for further replies.