Two stoke ( weed eater) tuning.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

clemsonfor

Minister of Fire
Dec 15, 2011
Greenwood county, SC
I know how to tune a saw, now! But I am thinking of modding a weed eater I was given. Doing a muffler modd. Its a small cheapo mtd job. One of those curved shaft from a box store that's like $90. I like it cause its light but its gutless!!

Do u tune one till it 4 strokes while revving it wide open like a saw? If so I guess it clears up when loaded in grass?

Trimmers are under a good load at full throttle. Tuning them is a matter of setting it for peak RPM and richening the H until the engine just barely starts to lose RPM. Make sure the string is at the maximum length you will use for cutting before adjusting the carb.

Thanks for that MM.

This thing was free so I did not buy it.

Gotta look hope it does not have stupid tamper proof screws like huskeys have. Which I still need to find a tool for

Keep us posted on your results?? I may need to attempt modding my POS trimmer. I did take the spark arrestor screen out a long time ago as I do with most of my tools.

Will do. I have a semi commercial one that I use on big stuff. I bought it off my friend who is a landscaper. Its got some hours on it though. Had to rebuild the Carb this year as it just quit. I think the diaphragm went out all of a sudden??

Status
Not open for further replies.