Typical comment

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You'd be surprised how some people get set in their ways. Try telling someone 10% ethanol in gasoline isn't going to rot hoses, melt plastic, corrode metal like acid, grow hair on your palms and generally muck up your chances of reproduction. Makes saying dry wood burns better practically easy by comparison.

cozy heat said:
You'd be surprised how some people get set in their ways. Try telling someone 10% ethanol in gasoline isn't going to rot hoses, melt plastic, corrode metal like acid, grow hair on your palms and generally muck up your chances of reproduction. Makes saying dry wood burns better practically easy by comparison.

One station in town has 100% Gasoline 10 cents more no ethanol, I buy for my small engines there for sure. motor vehicles when can. Actually for the heck of it I pulled out my Owners Manuels and they all said same NO ETHANOL

Backwoods Savage said:
Well they cut all day yesterday but I was not back there. Today I went back to find they widened my trail a lot so they could pull a trailer in back. No matter that I had let them use my trailer and dray. I had earlier agreed to a new trail as I had planned one anyway but they went a different way. Even "trimmed" one of our apple trees.... Oh well, no big harm done.
The older I get, the more I learn and the more I try to put myself in the other person's shoes...including someone who's letting me come on their land to get wood. It's all part of growing older, I guess. These youngsters will no doubt wise up as the years go by like everyone else does, to a greater or lesser extent...

Update on the fellows who cut that wood last year. I ended up kicking them out as I just was not happy with what they were doing. They did have the gonads to ask about cutting more already this year. Sorry guys.

So I pass one of the guys places and he had a small stack left from last spring. Completely covered with tarp all summer; still covered and the size of the pile has not grown a bit. So here we are into the cutting season and he had asked me about cutting back in late September and has done nothing since. He asked me in September about the cutting but had no plans to cut before December or January..... Some learn slow; some never learn. My bet is that he has no wood lined up to cut at all for this winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.