typical log splitter woes...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

My Oslo heats my home

Minister of Fire
Sep 20, 2010
South Shore, MA
An off-season log splitter question for any serious splitter folks.

I'm getting tired of the single wedge, it's so time consuming. I love the look of the timberwolf
machines but could never afford anything like that.

Is there anything out there that has the push plate on the ram end and a wedge on the
opposite that doesn't cost and arm and a leg? or maybe a conversion kit for the typical
splitter.

Thanks

Speeco or Husky is your best bang for the buck. The reason I think most splitter are set up ther other way is so if you get the wedge stuck you can extract it with the ram. The other way if it gets stuck you'll need a sledge hammer, plus your not pushing the log away from you that you might want to split more times. Your right in that mostly high end machines have the wedge on the end of the beam but they mostly have more power too.

Status
Not open for further replies.