1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

U.S. Stove Window mount Firebox exhaust vents cracking?!?

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by abloy, Feb 13, 2012.

1. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Standish, ME
    And all grades of steel are in fact steel by definition suitability for a particular use is a different matter ....most of the metal assemblies are likely imported.

One can verify this by having an account at a particular site that gathers all bills of laden that pass through customs (they become public documents at that point) here in the US, this includes stuff offloaded in other countries but entering the US.

I haven't gone looking for Canadian imports but have a funny feeling such might be the case there as well TLHinCanada.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. TLHinCanada

TLHinCanada Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Canada
    I guess I should have added more. Not trying to bash any particular country. A few years ago watched a news program on lamps that caught on fire. They went out and bought some lamps from the big box stores. What they found was either there was no UL/CSA sticker or the sticker was there but there was no certification. Since then there have been other cases of such fraud; pet food, vitamins, etc. It would not suprise me to find that they are downgrading the specs on material. What company is going to pay to have the steel tested in the final product to see if it meets contract. Its just taken for granted that materials are up to spec. Pretty difficult to find something that is made in USA or Canada anymore. Just about everything is made in China. Interesting story on the web about a family trying to use only domestic products for a year. Had to give up coffee because there are no coffee makers made domestically anymore.