1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Ugly Blaze Kings

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by jeff_t, Mar 6, 2012.

?

So, those Blaze Kings sure are ugly

1. I have only seen them in pictures

89.4%
  2. I have visited the showroom, and still can’t bear to look at them

9.1%
  3. I have one in my home, and I still can’t bear to look at it

1.5%
  1. neumsky

neumsky Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Oklahoma City
    That makes it somewhat tangible...and sorry about today!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    You lust for a Blaze King naturalized Okie. You know you do. Just do it. ;lol
    neumsky likes this.
  3. rdust

rdust Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    Let me clarify a little, my last post is confusing if you've never seen us refer to BattenKiller as BK. " 25%-19% on the meter should put you in a good spot according to BK" BK=BattenKiller not BlazeKing sorry if I caused any confusion, after re-reading it I seen what I had done. ;)
    neumsky likes this.
  4. Colin

Colin New Member

Loc:
    Cheshire, UK
    They aren't the most aesthetically pleasing of stoves but they don't half live up their name. It's a shame really because so many people choose stoves based on looks. Fair enough really - one of the main purposes is to enjoy watching them burn - I suppose it's not quite as therapeutic when the flames are encased inside a big steel slant. :confused:
    neumsky likes this.
  5. neumsky

neumsky Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Oklahoma City
    Actually...I'm very fond of my Jotul...but I won't lie...the mechanics of it all intrigues me. But you all heard my wife...she would have to put a bag over it! Time will tell. Very funny BB.
  6. jeff_t

jeff_t Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SE MI
    No one has ever walked in my house and said 'Ewww, why did you put that hideous thing there. You need to cover it up, I can't stand it.' Ever. I guess I should be surprised.
  7. firefighterjake

firefighterjake Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    They're being polite. ;) Just like they never come into my house, take one look at me and start crying, "It's so ugly . . . get him away from me." :)
  8. Highbeam

Highbeam Minister of Fire

Loc:
    base of Mt. Rainier on the wet side, WA
    Or, "what's that awful smell?"
  9. jeff_t

jeff_t Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SE MI
    Like I've always been polite, and I've never said said that I don't really care for gothic styled cast iron stoves. And even that was polite ;)
    firefighterjake likes this.
  10. neumsky

neumsky Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Oklahoma City
    You guy's are so funny...anyone for a chicken sandwich??? Lol
  11. tcassavaugh

tcassavaugh Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southern Maryland
    i saw the princess....she wasn't too bad. besides, i hear the ugly ones try harder. ::P

cass
    neumsky likes this.
  12. Angus

Angus Member

Loc:
    Co. Angus, Scotland
    Just had a look at their website, man they are ugly, but one or 2 of the range only look semi ugly
  13. daleeper

daleeper Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NC MO

What part of their name do they not live up to?

The main reason to own a stove is to heat, and BK stoves do that well, with burn characteristics no other stove has.

I agree that people choose stoves based on looks, and choose BK stoves because they like the features and looks. Warm Morning and Riteway are not beautiful stoves, but there sure are a lot of them in this area. In a lineup of current steel stoves, I would choose the BK Princess/King Ultra stove simply by looks alone. I do realize I might be in the minority, as this poll shows, but why does everyone dump on BK for ugliness?
  14. neumsky

neumsky Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Oklahoma City
    It's like every discussion on here...I certainly wouldn't want to admit I didn't make the right choice for me or it's for the purpose of convincing you to make the same decision I made verifying I made a good choice. Human nature!
  15. rdust

rdust Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    Cause they're jealous of the burn times we get. ;lol The Blaze King owners should start making fun of the short burn times other stoves get, just joking..... ;)

When I bought mine I really thought there was no way the stove would live up to all the hype it had on this forum, I was shocked when it actually performed better than the hype.

The whole thing is really getting old. The Sirocco looks like any other steel stove and the Chinook has a pretty modern look that may fit well in some homes. I hope we get some Sirocco feed back when the burning season starts up.

I personally don't mind the looks. Sure they could looks better but it looks to me how a wood stove should look. :)
    fox9988 likes this.
  16. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Agreed, I'm not fond of the squat fat look of the BKK Parlor and Classic, but several of the other models look fine. They wouldn't get past my wife's critical eye, but she is over the top fussy at times.
  17. Joful

Joful Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Philadelphia
    The Sirocco is indeed the best / most traditional looking stove in their current line-up, but it's just too damn small to be of much interest to most. Now if they had a Sirocco 30...

Waiting with baited breath to see the new Ashford 30. :eek:
  18. Treacherous

Treacherous Minister of Fire

Loc:
    WA state
    I would have considered the Chinook 30 had that been shipping in '10.
  19. Todd

Todd Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Lake Wissota
    The wife just said she likes the looks of the Princess Parlor over the Sirocco. Says it reminds her of some of the old pot belly stoves and isn't boring like most of the square boxy steel stoves. ==c
    jeff_t likes this.
  20. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    I'll bet she tell you that the pot belly you're growing makes you look distinguished too. ;lol J/K Todd.
    PapaDave likes this.
  21. neumsky

neumsky Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Oklahoma City
    That's funny! hahahaha
  22. Beetle-Kill

Beetle-Kill Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Colorado- near the Divide
    If I only burned 4 months out of the year, the BKK probably wouldn't be my first choice. But since I burn from Sept. to May/June every year, and utilize the stove as my primary heat source, looks are not a concern. Luckily, the BKK is better looking in person than most would expect. My cats even like it. Dog doesn't care.
    If I only burned 4 months a year, I'd have a Princess or Chinook.
  23. Todd

Todd Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Lake Wissota
    Ha ha, I have kinda let myself go, maybe I should trim down to the Ultra?