Ugly leaner finally got prettier. New Pics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This happens regularly in our tight woods. I would take the tree it is hanging on down too. If its at all possible, i'd tie it to the tree its hanging on before I started cutting.
Be careful but always have fun!

All's well that ends well

Good picture story. Thread of the month!

Nice solution.

Excellent job, Skyline!! I may try the tennis ball thing sometime. I have a homemade throw weight (piece of pipe tapered on both ends filled with melted lead, yes it is HEAVY). Works well on low and mid height branches but too heavy to get way up top. Thought about the slingshot thing with a throw bag just haven't broke down and bought one yet. I will have to give this a try, great job!

I have used a roll of duct tape with string tied on it and last time I took a small wooden cookie from a split and tied a string to it, that worked real well, hit my Y on the first throw. I used that technique to attach a rope to a string then to my winch on the ATV to pull up my tree hunting standing. The things you learn to do when working by yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.