Uh oh! Vermont baggies not sealed!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix Hatchling

Minister of Fire
Dec 26, 2012
New Fairfield, CT
Just took delivery of Vermonts, as I will be giving them another chance next season. Restacking them revealed that quite a few of the bags were not sealed fully, and allow the pellets out if not handled carefully. Ironic, since the last time I spoke with the production manager about another issue, he wanted to impress on me their new bags and if I liked them. :confused:

Hope they're burning well.

Not yet. Just took delivery yesterday afternoon, and the last time I had an issue with the product, they had already known about it. Additionally, as a matter of quality assurance, this must be an item monitored on a regular basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.