UL listing help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jacques

Oct 22, 2012
i just bought a fisher mama bear. the plate on the back has been sanded so i cant read if it is listed as UL,CSA, or WH ? i was told it was UL listed. the pat no. is D 237798 . there is also a stamped number just above the door 808 71. how can i find out if it is listed to let my homeowners know. i fear that only the arched door models are. thx

Pictures of the tag? Some numbers will be stamped into it. Is it attached to a shield on the back of the stove? Was it purchased in the US or Canada?

Many older flat top doors were UL listed. (and tested by other facilties years before UL got involved with stoves)There are many ads using UL as a selling point back then.
http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...5856,1589075&dq=family+won+fisher-stove&hl=en

A stamped number on the front of the stove above the door isn't normal for a Fisher. Not saying it's not a Fisher Stove, I've never heard of stamped or welded numbers anywhere except the back, bottom or under fender. Pictures of the stove would help.

Status
Not open for further replies.