1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)
  1. jacques

jacques New Member

i just bought a fisher mama bear. the plate on the back has been sanded so i cant read if it is listed as UL,CSA, or WH ? i was told it was UL listed. the pat no. is D 237798 . there is also a stamped number just above the door 808 71. how can i find out if it is listed to let my homeowners know. i fear that only the arched door models are. thx

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. coaly

coaly Fisher Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    NE PA
    Pictures of the tag? Some numbers will be stamped into it. Is it attached to a shield on the back of the stove? Was it purchased in the US or Canada?

Many older flat top doors were UL listed. (and tested by other facilties years before UL got involved with stoves)There are many ads using UL as a selling point back then.
    http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...5856,1589075&dq=family won fisher-stove&hl=en

A stamped number on the front of the stove above the door isn't normal for a Fisher. Not saying it's not a Fisher Stove, I've never heard of stamped or welded numbers anywhere except the back, bottom or under fender. Pictures of the stove would help.