Unburned pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RMark

Mar 2, 2013
Maine
I have an Enviro3 that has been trouble free for 4 years. I now have a situation where unburned pellets are piling up between the burnpot and the chassis frame just inside the door. They spill over onto the grate and block ashes from dropping into the pan. I have to vacuum the unburned pellets every day.
Other than that the stove works as it should. It seems that the pellets pile up more when the auger setting is on a low setting. Any ideas? I have good flame burn and the burnpot does not fill up or overflow.

Sounds like you're not getting enough air any more. Which means you're dirty or you lost a seal. so, as above, clean the heck out of it, especially the pipe and flue passages and see if it gets better. make sure that if you have a draft adjuster, that its opened.

Status
Not open for further replies.