Uneven fire bricks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Cyndimarcus

Oct 29, 2019
Nevada County
New owners of a Pacific Energy Vista wood stove! I used this forum to help decide which stove to purchase for our new home. Thank you all for your posts!
We are preparing for our first fire , and I think I know the how’s/why’s/ how to’s but I have a question:

We put the fire bricks in the bottom of the stove, but there is a bolt On the bottom that lifts The fire brick slightly, making the floor uneven. Is this correct, it means the fire bricks are not level on the floor of the stove. Do I need to drill out an indent to accommodate the Bolt? Thanks. Cyndi

Attachments

• 1BAA4A5A-CD4E-451B-89DC-6C3360190C0A.jpeg
    1BAA4A5A-CD4E-451B-89DC-6C3360190C0A.jpeg
    133.7 KB · Views: 82
You certainly could drill it out a little to let it sit flat. But I doubt it will matter at all

That's not too bad. It looks like it would be an easy fix to carve out a little on the backside of the firebrick so that it can lay flat. Pumice firebrick is soft and easy to work with.