Unknown wood source

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dakotas Dad

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Mar 19, 2009
Central Kentucky
So wife and I got stationed here 20 years ago. Retired 14 years ago, built our house in the woods. Burned wood from our woods ever since. Woodlot produces a couple cords a year in dead fall blow downs etc. Now with a wood stove and the desire to get way ahead on wood, and with a sister in law who wants to do the same but has no trees...

I discovered that Ft Knox has a "fire wood lot" where they take all of the tree debris etc from around post. You have to sign in, pay $10, and can only use 1 chain saw at a time, no commercial use etc. But a buddy and I rolled out there Friday, loaded 4 loads of rounds like this one, took three to SIL's house, 1 to mine... Oak, maple and poplar. pretty good load on a single axle trailer..

Attachments

• phpqwUH2DPM.jpg
    phpqwUH2DPM.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 273
Wow. That sounds like a great place to cut wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.