1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

UNVENTED GAS STOVE PROBLEMS

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by dustoff77, Feb 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dustoff77

dustoff77 New Member

I have an unvented gas stove with ODS. It's been working great until recently. First the stove would come on immediately when switch was put to Thermostat position regardless of T-stat selection. Then when I started to troubleshoot that I turned off the gas. When I turned the gas back on to see if I fixed the problem, the pilot won't light now. I called a local dealer and he sounded uncertain. He suggested "maybe replacing the entire ODP TP assembly". Any suggestions? Thanks!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Metal

Metal Minister of Fire

Personally, I would not try to troubleshoot or repair a lung-vented appliance. These appliances need to be in perfect operating condition in order to not be hazardous, therfore, get a professional to look at it.
  3. elkimmeg

elkimmeg Guest

these stoves are very sensitive if they sense Carbon monoxide they are suposed to shut down meaning turning off the gas.
    Once the gas is turned off one has to engage the re-set switch. Most manuals will not give the owner that info or indicate where it is.
    It is expected that the service tech resets after it is all checked out
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.