Up date on blown fuse

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

homeheater

Oct 28, 2017
ft wayne
From my post from yesterday auger motor runs. attached cord to motor.
6.6 ohm on exoust motor, it runs attached cord to motor.
No continuity on vaccuum switch
47 ohm on igniter, was getting a reading of 4.8 vac from board to igniter?
.004 ohm on blower motor,attached cord and ran.
Basically wondering what might have happened to board to cause the melt down,stove was running and dry.
Also is their a better place to get new board? I FOUND ONE FOR 271.00 OUCH!,,

20220119_102935.jpg 20220119_103154.jpg

Possible bad solder joint at the fuse terminal. Possible it was spread and not making connection well o the fuse.

Maybe you can send it to get repaired. I sent an old apple laptop to get the motherboard repaired, they sent it back fixed for much less than a new board.

Thanks bigealta,do you have information on repair company?
My main question, was ,any one know if board blew do to motor or something else grounded,any way to check before installing new board?
I don't have a lot of electronic skill .

Sorry it was so long ago. Maybe someone else here knows?

From my post from yesterday auger motor runs. attached cord to motor.
6.6 ohm on exoust motor, it runs attached cord to motor.
No continuity on vaccuum switch
47 ohm on igniter, was getting a reading of 4.8 vac from board to igniter?
.004 ohm on blower motor,attached cord and ran.
Basically wondering what might have happened to board to cause the melt down,stove was running and dry.
Also is their a better place to get new board? I FOUND ONE FOR 271.00 OUCH!,,

View attachment 290197 View attachment 290198
So I had this happen on my 25pdvc and from the looks of it the bottom auger motor shorted which blew the fuse but it seems when the fuse blew somehow it still was making a connection on both ends of the fuse.