1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

update on old stihl and why you should buy from a dealer

Post in 'The Gear' started by philaphire, Dec 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. philaphire

philaphire Member

Loc:
    Blue Bell, PA
    Original thread here: http://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/4657/

So, I went in to pick up the old Stihl 028 that I broke the pawl on and was running rough. I asked the shop guy what all they did to it and he said "looks like the pawl was replaced, that'll be $18.95." So I said, "but it was running rough, that's why I brought it in and it was hard to start and why the pawl probably broke." Guy made a face, then offered to check out the saw. He right then and there took it into the back, messed around with it, and then came back and said "adjusted the carb, you're all set" with no additional charge. I took it home and had some branches to cut up and the saw seems to be running fine - let's hope she is in fact fine! Anyway, won't get that service at the big box, dealers, well, GOOD dealers rock when it comes to service.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. ourhouse

ourhouse Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Norfolk Ma
    That is why I buy my saws from a dealer!!! Not a big box store also.
  3. quads

quads Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central Sands, Wisconsin
    Sounds great! Glad it wasn't a major engine repair.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.