1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Update on the taco bumblebee update

Post in 'The Boiler Room - Wood Boilers and Furnaces' started by kuribo, Sep 13, 2013.

1. kuribo

kuribo Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    SW WI
    This past Spring I was told by Taco that they would be coming out with a revised bumblebee pump that would be more powerful and have reverse acting capability "before the next heating season". I touched base with them today for an update and was told nothing would be forthcoming "until some time maybe next year"....Ugh.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Coal Reaper

Coal Reaper Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NJ
    Thats a bummer. I am happy with the current one. Just gotta see for sure if it moves enough btus to the during a high demand. It does recharge DHW awefully quick, but idk how much that actaully says. I know some of you guys are looking forward to the reverse acting and that should be interesting if/when it actually comes to fruition. Thanks for the update.
  3. ewdudley

ewdudley Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Cayuga County NY
    Figures. The first go-around was late by years, so looks like they decided to double down and throw away any hope of gaining any credibility. Since it is a different and bigger pump I wouldn't be surprised if they abandon the attractive price-point if and when it is ever released. Perhaps if they spent less time worrying about a cute name and concentrated more on product development they would have fewer of these embarrassing episodes.