UPDATE-----PA pellet mill (aka treecycle)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

namz111

Apr 25, 2008
NE PA
Good news!!!

I had the pleasure of speaking with Mr. Taggart of Treecycle llc located in Nazareth, PA he told me that his company started producing pellets last week 4/1/09 and should start bagging them on 4/7/09. We spoke about his pellets and he was very excited to be producing such a great product , he stated the btu output was very good and is a very clean burning pellet ( little to no glass fogging) He has not begun pricing yet and he is not real sure when or if he will be selling to the public at this time ( I hope he offers local pick up) so if you are in the local area please make sure you sign up on his website for the news letter he hopes to get an email out to everyone on the list.

Also any one who is in the ABE area please send me a pm I would like to talk to you.

thanks

Well treecycle is up and running but the owner has choose not to see to the public because he does not want to make the dealers mad :( too bad however I did pick up 5 bags from the cozy barn (limit of 10) to try out they dont have a per ton price yet but will soon I hope.

namz111 said:
Well treecycle is up and running but the owner has choose not to see to the public because he does not want to make the dealers mad :( too bad however I did pick up 5 bags from the cozy barn (limit of 10) to try out they dont have a per ton price yet but will soon I hope.

The 5 bags you picked up were free?

Please tell us how they burn!

no they where not free.....lol no dealer is going to give anything away, I am just finishing up the last few other pellets I had and then want to clean the stove and restart it I should have feedback on them wednesday

I do.

If someone wants to try my pellets I do give free pellets. Come and get a bag. NO SHIPPING on the free bags. I was born at night but not last night.

Eric

kinsman stoves said:
I do.

If someone wants to try my pellets I do give free pellets. Come and get a bag. NO SHIPPING on the free bags. I was born at night but not last night.

Eric

Not only the pellets but I think he would throw in a beer to boot!

3/4 of a bag gone and I really like them, they are a deep dark brown, I was told they are still working out some kinks yet. They really do not have much of a smell but I did notice some of them to be almost an inch and a half long (my harman advance has not had any problems with them being that long) I think its too early to tell but the glass is still really really clean just a very little fogging here and there, Over all great heat. So I can say I am happy with them so far I also did not notice any fines in the bag, so time will tell but I think I am going to order a few tons for this season. :) as soon as I can get them.

namz111 said:
3/4 of a bag gone and I really like them, they are a deep dark brown, I was told they are still working out some kinks yet. They really do not have much of a smell but I did notice some of them to be almost an inch and a half long (my harman advance has not had any problems with them being that long) I think its too early to tell but the glass is still really really clean just a very little fogging here and there, Over all great heat. So I can say I am happy with them so far I also did not notice any fines in the bag, so time will tell but I think I am going to order a few tons for this season. :) as soon as I can get them.
Where can I get them? I joined their mailing list a month ago and haven't heard anything. I'm on my last couple bags of Lignetics.

I called treecycle on tuesday and spoke to a woman who said they are only going to sell to dealers "because they didnt want to get them mad" I picked up 5 bags at the cozy barn in windgap

Status
Not open for further replies.