Upland 207

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smgibson

Sep 9, 2008
Copper Harbor, Michigan
Hi there, I recently purchased an Upland 207 wood stove that is in need of some tender loving care, which I feel I can tackle with some knowledgeble advice. I have disassembled the stove and wire brushed the mortar and gaskets out of the seams. I intend to wire brush the exterior to remove surface rust and then paint and reassemble. On the back panel are some hairline cracks along the square bump outs that are of concern. I purchased some refractory cement and from info on your site plan to apply that on both sides of the panel to seal the cracks. (any advice on working with this stuff is appreciated as this is new to me) It appears that there was once a liner inside that had been damaged and all that remains is the attachment points to the stove which I removed. Although I found a replacement liner, could firebrick be another option? I take it from reading posts regarding this stove that the back is vulnerable to warping. The character of this stove is ideal for my home but I want to make it as safe as I can so I can be confident of its use while I am home or not. The Upper Peninsula of Michigan gets quite cold and it will get a full season of regular use as my primary heat source. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.