Upright 500 gal. Propane Storage Tank

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking at that myself awhile back and wondering if a guy was to use like a truck rim for the stand and a little welding . If it was set exactly straight up and down I wouldn't see why it wouldn't work .

I stood a 185 on end. I used some hi load foam, dished it out with a grinder and placed the tank in the dish. I bolted the tank legs, in four locations, into the side wall for tip-over protection.

The only tricky part was holding it upright until I got all the bolts into the wall. Working alone, of course :) It's amazing what you can accomplish when no one is watching!

hr

webie said:
I was looking at that myself awhile back and wondering if a guy was to use like a truck rim for the stand and a little welding . If it was set exactly straight up and down I wouldn't see why it wouldn't work .

Here is a pic of the semi rim on the bottom of a tank.

Attachments

• Picture 013.jpg
    Picture 013.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 411
Status
Not open for further replies.