US 2012 Census of Agriculture

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

smoke show

I received the census information in the mail. It states I'm required by law to complete it. What happens if I don't? I've already missed the deadline. I don't operate the land, I rent and frankly think some of the questions are confusing. So what happens if I don't return it?

I received the census information in the mail. It states I'm required by law to complete it. What happens if I don't? I've already missed the deadline. I don't operate the land, I rent and frankly think some of the questions are confusing. So what happens if I don't return it?
They will fine you 100 bucks ...eventually...I know those forms are a pain, I have to fill them out for my Dad as well as mine. In the past I've just answered as best I could, some of the nebulous questions, and nothing bad happened. more info:http://www.agriculture.com/news/business/ag-census-on-its-way_5-ar28377

Reactions: smoke show
I resist that form, I never got it, whatchu talking about? Eventually they call and harass you until you answer their questions over the phone. Never heard of a fine.

The Census Bureau conducts census operations all the time aside from the national census which happens every 10 years. They collect various data on typical US residents based on addresses selected at random. I'm guessing if someone else lived at that same address, they would have gotten the form instead of you. That data is then used to direct various polices and programs in one direction or another. Its just for statistics.

They can fine you. Most likely they will call you and hopefully no fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.