US Stove 5660 Trouble

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trace

Dec 11, 2013
Michigan
First of all I want to say thanks to hearth.com for providing this message board for those people like me who are clueless! Secondly, I want to do my best to describe my trouble.

Turn on the stove, everything works great....30 seconds or so after the pellets start dropping, I have a tiny fire, then more pellets drop as they should....finally more pellets are dropping and there is a large flame.....the blower fan has not started....so I wait a few more minutes....no fan. Finally the pellets stop dropping and now they stove is shutting down...I have blinking lights on the control panel...the fan button lights are blinking on 2 and 5. The Stove shuts down and cools and here I am. This has been going on the last couple of days, the stove still will not operate properly.

I removed the convection fan tonight and powered it up...started and ran perfectly. I was all set to buy a new one, as the one I have for it is the older model that does squeek a tad on start up....but no sense in buying it yet at $259 from US Stove. There must be something else I can look at or replace that will cause this to work again...any ideas?

Sounds like the low temp snap disk is not working. (The one on the exhaust blower housing)

Only for testing!!!!
Do not run stove this way for long!!!

If you feel rowdy, start the stove and let it light and run a few minutes, then jumper the two wires on the low temp snap disk and see if the fan kicks on. If it does, you need a new low temp (proof of fire) snap disk switch.

How do I jump those wires, they have the plastic clip covers? Explain? I see exactly what you are talking about, have the wires pulled off

Status
Not open for further replies.