US Stove 6039 agitator motor not working

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blockdan

Nov 2, 2013
MD
My agitator motor is only receiving 3 volts output voltage from the controller. I have verified that the wiring harness is ok with good continuity and no faults. With the wiring eliminated I still only get 3 volts at the fuse holder on the hot side. The motor seems to work fine when fed with proper voltage. I replaced the controller at US Stoves' direction ($400) and still have only 3 volts. I have 3 volts regardless of what the aux setting is on the controller. Does anyone know if the agitator is supposed to run full time or if certain conditions(thermostat, pressure switch, etc) have to be satisfied in order to control the operation of it. It seems unlikely that I have received a replacement controller withe the same problems as my old one but I can't find any other solution. I am not getting much help from US Stove's tech support and would greatly appreciate any help offered.

The agitator should run intermittently.
I see this post is almost 3 wks old.
Had any luck resolving the issue yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.